Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More woe

I could really do without being at work today, but I have a site meeting for a major project this afternoon, and as I run my own business, needs must.

I had a fucking awful cluster attack last night. 1.30 am, and finally went back to bed at 3. I feel totally shattered, and for some reason I'd reacted by scratching at my chest and stomach, and have big red weals over both, but have no recollection of doing it. This episode has been ongoing since mid January, and it's starting to get me down. I missed a meeting in Southampton on Monday, as I had an attack at 6 in the morning, but luckily I was able to get down there yesterday.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I've managed to get an appointment at the London Migraine Clinic to see the country's leading authority on Cluster Headaches. The first thing they'll do is to make sure that my GP prescribes me oxygen for home use, so I can finally get some pain relief. my GP has been pretty good in fairness, and recognises oxygen as a solution, but wants me to go to the surgery to use it. Not much good in the middle of the night. The clinic explained that the average GP will probably only see one or two cluster cases in their whole career, so I suppose it's reasonable to cut them some slack.

3 comments:

Brennig said...

Symps! Not chimps, obv. That would be totally wrong. I know what the 'have to go or don't get paid' thing is like.

I once had a girlfriend who tended towards occasional migraines. She believed that long bouts of frantic sex postponed (but not prevent) attacks. Whenever one was on the horizon she'd have me flat on my back before you could whistle Dixie.

Not sure why one would want to do that anyway. Just a phrase.

Vi said...

Oh that's so horrible for you! I hope you get it sorted soon.

Gumpher said...

B, no work no pay ! That should get a few of the great unwashed off their arses.

Vi, I'm getting there