Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The tingling feeling has started.......

The Six Nations starts on Friday night with Wales against England




Please, please can we cease the shiteness of the past few months and attempt to recapture the glories of 2005 and 2008? Can we also have a gameplan which is a bit wider reaching than 'Fuck me, give it to Shane?'

Also, Friday night kick offs suck the clingons off a fat birds arse. International rugby should be played at 3pm on a Saturday, the television companies are forcing me kicking and screaming into the pub on a Friday night.

If we win, I'll get battered and have a good night with my English chums. If we lose, I'll get battered and have a good night with my English chums. . I must get around to writing the annual letter to my wife reminding her not to plan anything over the coming weeks. Actually, come to think of it, we're going to Marrakech for her birthday on a six nations weekend, now that is what you call love and devotion.

5 comments:

Brennig said...

That is one brilliant video.

Gumpher said...

Bren, it's rather good isn't it?

It just nails some of the emotions sometimes you can only get from sport, hope, frustration, despair, and joy.

Clare and Gary said...

Being a girl who lives in Florida sans Rugby on TV now I enjoyed the video for the quick view of Jason Robinson... well I said I was a girl didn't I!

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Rugby and F1. They are the sports to watch. Excellent video though Gumpher... I watched it right until the end and got goose bumps.

Now my next comment might be a little controversial because I just get a hint, nay a whiff, of the fact that you and Bren support Wales.

COME ON ENGLAND!!! YOU CAN WOP THE WELSHIES!

P.S. The downside to living in Oxford is that there is no rugby action. In London, I lived a mile away from the Twickenham stadium and regularly used to watch matches (tickets supplied by my trusty chum Dave, who occupied my guest bed in return).

Gumpher said...

Oh gawd, I've been invaded by England rugby fans!

My sis used to live in Kew which was convenient foe Twickers until the selfish cow sold up and moved back to the green, green grass.