Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've been a busy little chap.

I've had a shocking run of cluster headaches, look 'em up, they're no fun. Over my years of inglorious activities on the rugby pitch I have fractured; sternum ( bloody painful), ankle, collar bone, four ribs and three fingers, along with various stiches and two punched out teeth and I would happily swap the lot added together for the pain of one hour of the cluster beast. I'm rattling with an interesting concotion of narcotics and generally feel quite shitty.

But, when you employ yourself, needs must, and through controlled pain relief, I've managed a busy and productive week.

Boy one's birthday. Four for a sleepover. Never again. 7 year olds cannot piss directly into a toilet, they need a trough. They gossip like fishwives until 11, and then get up and five. Mental note to self. No.

Diss. Installation and site survey for future project. Flat. Arse end of nowhere. Despite potential financial rewards, hope never to go again. The A14 sucks the clingons off a fat bird's arse hair.

Upside, I'm hyper, must be the drugs. Have rediscovered cooking once more. I like to cook. It relaxes me. I get home from work, read to the boys, A bathes, I whack on 5 live and cook. Last night, duck breasts on a bed of sugar snaps, mange tout and asparagus with chilli and ginger. Tonight, steak with a mash of butter beans, sweated leeks with white wine and creme fraiche.

If I was a woman I'd shag me senseless. Really.

Enough of my self glorification, All Blacks v Scotland is on ESPN, there's only enough femine side......

3 comments:

Brennig said...

If I was a woman I'd shag me senseless too. Oh. That wasn't what you meant, was it? lol.

However, elsewhere...

Impressive clutch of wounds you have there! Almost eclipses the 17 stitches in my, ahem, groin, torn antecruciate ligament, postcruciate ligament, medialcricuate ligament, broken knee, ripped meniscal cartilage and broken ankle.

The cooking thing, however, impresses the holy shit out of me. I mean, me being vegetarian doesn't alter the fact that I can't appreciate good nosh when I hear it. And that's nice skillery in the skullery. Do you contract out?

Vi said...

No wonder you've got the headaches having four 7 year olds in the house overnight!

Gumpher said...

Bloody hell B, that's a mighty impressive list ! Ligaments, bloody ow. No subbing out on the noshing I'm afraid, although I'm determined one day to fill in the Masterchef application, spread the love of Gumph to the unwashed masses.

Vi, never again, back to cinema and TGI's !