Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The New Year

I never have New Year resolutions. Once again I simply hope that I will enjoy the year even more than the previous one. Constant optimism.

A quick piece of advice for the morons who were all over the media yesterday complaining of 'mountains' of uncollected waste on the pavements.

Yes, you pay your council tax, and yes you have not received a service for which you have paid, but the rubbish is still there. There are places called recycling centres, tips in old money. If it bothers you that much, chuck yours in the back of the car and take it there. And if you have an elderly neighbour, take theirs too. It's really not that big a deal.

Hope that helps.

2 comments:

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Blimey gumph, were you getting stroppy then?! *wink*

Funny you should say that, because I was whining (like a big girls blouse) to my neighbour about the fact that the bins haven't been emptied for weeks. Mind you, I do live a 24 mile round-trip away from the tip.

Despite that, I have to agree with your 'just get on with it' attitude. My mantra is 'there is always a solution'!!

Gumpher said...

It did seem that those being interviewed would struggle to get off the sofa to take a dump, let alone drive to one