Friday, July 04, 2008

School report day.

I am not happy.

Boy 1. Proud as a Dad could be. He tries hard and gets his just rewards. But, he has to put in the e effort, it doesn't really come naturally, apart from his imagination, which is wonderful. Well done C.

Boy 2.

A class of 13, with a teacher and an assistant. We told them. Devil, idle hands etc.

We don't tolerate it when he misbehaves, but they do. It's pathetic, when she speaks, the kids can't hear, but dogs go mental.

I am sick of telling him off, of depriving the things he likes, not getting his £1.50 a week pocket money because he's not got enough ticks for the week.

HE'S FIVE YEARS FUCKING OLD, AND HE HAS A BRAIN THE SIZE OF SATURN.

I know this, because I'm his father, and also I'm not stupid, and I can see the pros and cons in my boys without being introspective.

I am fucking pissed off.

We're good people.

We've got good kids.

We recognise their failings, and address them.

Sorry.

Angry.

My boys are not perfect, but they are damn fine individuals, because that is the way they were raised, and I am proud to be their Father.

Not sure this gets across what I feel, but, my word I love them.

7 comments:

Brennig said...

When my daughter was that age we had loads of issues with her at school. Not at home, just (basically) with her teacher.

It seems a shame that you are faced with, what? A lost year due to a teacher who can't connect, can't deliver?

Our solution was drastic - leave the country. But it worked.

Peach said...

it's the brainy ones that cause the havoc, i should know, i was one! bloody teachers sometimes really know nothing! From being a brainy kid that would never settle - it's good to hear how proud and how much you love them, esp him... you sound like a great dad

Peach X

Gumpher said...

Bren, it's frustrating. The reception class teacher is wetter than big wet thing. He needs discipline, simple as. Boy 1 had a 'mare in his reception year as well, horrible religious zealot teacher, who thankfully has left. He'll be fine next year, he'll have a good teacher, nice lady. I've calmed down now, but I will be going in to address a few issues with her.

Peach, it's hard. He is bright, everything comes easily to the little sod, but he is a bit full on. Never vindictive, there's not a malicious bone in his body. He's like a Labrador, needs lots of food, exercise and love and he's happy. But, he does need bollocking when he steps out of line, not the namby pamby crap they get in a reception class. I have no idea how we bred two so different. Boy 1 is sensitive and creative. Thanks for the praise, I'm not sure that I am, but I keep trying. It's all yours very soon !

Trixie said...

My boys are both little smart boys. I also got their reports on Friday. Neither were GREAT just mediocre. I'm happy with that, as long as they are learning something.

Anonymous said...

A really crap suggestion (but since I don't have kids myself I feel justified in making it) but have you thought about talking to the head, looking around for other schools etc

Of course you have. Sorry, I'm being an idiot.

Anonymous said...

A really crap suggestion (but since I don't have kids myself I feel justified in making it) but have you thought about talking to the head, looking around for other schools etc

Of course you have. Sorry, I'm being an idiot.

Gumpher said...

Nutters, I've calmed down a bit now. It's a good school, and it's a stroll around the corner in the village, and all of their chums are there. Both of the kids had a bad reception year, boy 1 put it all behind him. I just wish she hadn't focused purely on his behaviour. Onwards and upwards for year 1